Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Love Poem For Me

I am the fragrance that wafts in on the wind
And reminds him of the comfort of things.
Childhood memories, long-forgotten dreams,
A soothing voice that quitens a child's screams,
Seeking refuge in comforting arms,
I am these things, and the solace it brings.

When he breathes me in, the scent of my skin
Drowns him in a sea of surrender.
His hands move slowly over the curve of my back,
More than anywhere, he says, this is where I'd rather be.

Kiss me, he says, breathe life into me,
When I hang my head, you're the only one
Who can make me want to try once more,
When I'm spent and broken,
You're the only one who can fix me.

It's always thoughts of you, whether I wake or sleep,
I breathe you in, you completely consume me,
On the darkest night, you are my brilliant star,
Wherever I go, I carry you with me.

Speak to me, tell me your dreams,
Your fears, regrets and your desires,
And once told, leave them aside, let them be,
I will be your cradle, your resting place,
Come, my love, come into me.

1 comment:

  1. "On the darkest night, your are my brilliant star,
    Wherever I go, I carry you with me."

    Liked dez lines. Always thought poetry was to rhyme, but getting to read something different and gud. :)

    ReplyDelete